Friday, September 23, 2005

Intelligent Design - Another View

I make it a practice to read blogs that mention Intelligent Design (ID). Most frequently, the writers preface all comments with profanities, expletives, and a general round of questioning one's intelligence for even considering an alternative to the origins of our world.

Why must the opponents of ID always revert to name calling instead of dialoguing the points. Proponents of the BIG BANG theory, believe in ID. Philosophers reason that the BIG BANG theory required a starting point. It had to have something to start it. I wonder what this was?

I believe the reason many people think that ID is bogus is that they are just too hung up on themselves. They have this faulty selfish view that they are all that exists and everything exists to please them. This reasoning is easily seen at times of crisis; i.e.; Hurricane Katrina. Individuals became the epitome of selfish thinking. Thinking like "this hurricane has given me the right to break down store doors and steal 16 pairs of blue jeans" or "I really need this computer" because of Katrina".

Individuals just can't believe or choose not to because to do so would acknowledge that they are finite. What a sad world we live in.

1 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Rooky Webmaster, Intelligent Design - Another View turns out to be exactly what I am looking for, for my site homeschool lesson plans . With your permission, I would like to publish it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home