Monday, March 14, 2005

I'm Sorry

Susan Olasky of World Magazine Blog reports...

Doug Wead's public apology for taping conversations with then-governor Bush without his knowledge is a model for other public figures who do wrong.
I was foolish and wrong to tape-record Mr. Bush without his permission. I was wrong to play any part of the tapes for my publisher, regardless of the circumstances. I was wrong to play any part of them for a journalist. I apologized to the president before the story appeared and again afterward. He has been typically patient, in spite of the personal hurt.
Today, the work of reparation has begun.
  • My book promotion has been canceled.

  • Future royalties from the book have been assigned to charity.

  • The hours of tapes, which prompted offers of millions of dollars, have been turned over to the president.

  • The work of rebuilding relationships, with God, the president and friends, has begun. If I could live my life over again, there are many things I would do differently. I cannot undo the hurt I have caused but I can, with God's help, take the heat I deserve and move on.


My faith in mankind has been rekindled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home